Training Deliveryby Terry Wilkinson
Generally speaking, research shows that the size of the group has a number of important consequences. Here are some considerations you may find useful.
All other things being equal, the larger the group
- The greater the demands on the trainer
- The fewer the demands on the delegates
- The greater the group’s need for tutor direction
- The more centralised the role of the tutor
- The more chance of active members dominating
- The more inhibited less active members become
- The less creative are group discussions
- The less intimate the group’s atmosphere
- The less satisfied group members are with the results of their discussions.
An effective group size for interactive training sessions is between 8 and 12 delegates.